A sense of triumph overpowered the scent of rain in the wind for the hundreds of Second Amendment enthusiasts gathered at a North Las Vegas gun shop on Saturday.
A decades-old handgun Clark County registration program was shot down by the Nevada Legislature earlier this summer.
Those who gathered celebrated the program‘s demise at a community barbecue and blue card shredding party at the New Frontier Armory, 150 E. Centennial Parkway, near North Fifth Street.
Nevada Firearms Coalition President Don Turner said about 250 people came, including many families, and they were happy to celebrate the end of the program.
“A lot of people were taking pictures as they shred their blue cards,” he said, adding that the 3-foot-tall shredder people used was probably filled.
Heard someone mention this at the hash last night…thought it was just confusion about their having closed and reopened, but that’s apparently not the case:
The Bunkhouse Saloon has inexplicably gone dark. With seemingly no notice or explanation, the popular downtown music destination at 124 S. 11th Street issued word via its Facebook page that it is no longer operational, as of today:
“The Bunkhouse Saloon regrets to announce that we have closed our doors, effective immediately. Ticketholders for future shows will be contacted by Ticketfly regarding refunds. On behalf of our staff, management, and production team we would like to thank every artist who graced our stage and every person who visited us for a show or a cold beer. You made Bunkhouse something we will never forget.”
The closing announcement comes just less than a year after the venue re-opened this past fall after undergoing extensive renovations, including improvements to the staging and sound, as well as expanding the capacity and moving the entrance.